- Free time with my sweetie to sleep in, stay in our pj's and snuggle all day. Love it.
- New friends (shout out to Kim and Eric) that we feel like we have known forever. What a blessing to laugh, cry, and challenge each other in our walk with the Lord.
- My trip last week with Amanda in New York City--more on that later with pics. :)
- Living near family and doing everyday things together. I know that I should cherish this time, because since we are in the ministry we must remain open to a nomadic lifestyle. I knew I would enjoy being close to them, but had no idea how much I would love it. I savor the little things like my mom inviting me over for lunch, or our families watching and worshiping as my husband leads the music at our church.
- Mattress weekends (um, again, more on that later).
- Chocolate. I'm finding that the older I get, the more I crave it...
- The smell of fall. Even in Houston, we have it. Kind of spicy mixed with a humid, musky smell from the wet leaves on the ground. In an odd sort of way it is comforting.
- Long baths with a good magazine.
- Deep, long talks with my husband after a hard day at work. I love to hear his heart, to be his confidant, his safe place. I am so thankful for his work ethic and desire to serve the Lord...his relationship with Jesus pours into everything, at work and at home. I am honored to be his wife.
- E-mail and blogs that keep me in touch with friends far away. Too cool!
- Samples at HEB and Costco. I get so tired when I shop, and those samples just perk me right up, not mention inspire new meal ideas!!
- An amazing BSF study at mu church and also a Beth Moore study I am doing with my sis-in-law. God is teaching me so much about His character, and I am loving Him more each day. What a gift we have in Jesus! He is my security and sufficiency, and God is continually revealing to me that this life is not about me...it's about Him; making Him known, loving Him more.
- My precious nephews that we get to see and love on in a month! Can't wait. And we get one more in just 2 months (Lindsay, can you believe it is only 2 months away??)
Friday, November 02, 2007
I'm sitting here next to my precious, exhausted (and sleeping) husband thanking God for random blessings this week. I had 3 large glasses of mango tea at dinner tonight and can't sleep. Some things I am thankful for...