Friday, March 12, 2010

Precious Babies

 Snuggle time our first morning home...

It is hard to believe our little ones are already 2 and a half weeks old!  We are savoring every minute...each feeding, diaper change, bath, snuggle and coo.  They are so much fun!  I am still recovering physically from the c-section but overall doing fine.  Adam was able to take off some time from work and my mom has been here keeping the house in order.  It is such a huge blessing to have her here with us!  Last week my dad also took time off; having both parents here together was a real treat.  I love seeing them hold their grandchildren...it is very surreal and special. 

An average schedule right now consists of feeding babies, changing them, holding them, nap time, and repeat!  I am currently feeding them every 2 hours, so generally I get about 30 minutes to myself between feedings and then we are at it again.  Adam has been amazing.  He is the best burper, diaper changer, comforter and snuggler I have ever seen!  I will feed one baby, then he burps and changes them while I feed the other.  With 12 feedings a day, we have the routine down!  I am so so thankful for my incredible husband.  Forgive me if you have called, texted or emailed and I haven't replied--I haven't checked my cell in days and am giving all my energy to these kiddos and my husband right now.  The biggest challenge has been finding time to rest myself, but who wants to rest when there are two babies to cuddle?  I'm working on it... :)

I look at these two everyday and can't believe they are here...our children.  I start to cry every time I think about it.  The other day Annabelle was crying and I started singing to her.  Immediately she calmed down and just stared at me.  I lost it.  I just wept.  Couldn't even keep singing.  I dreamt of these moments for so long and  praise God for the pleasure of loving these children.  They are His, and we thank Him for sharing them with us!

Enough of my babbling, here's some pics of the angels...
Sweet Will


Sweet Annabelle

11 comments:

Erica said...

Precious babies, indeed!!!!!

Leigh Ehrhardt said...

What a treat to see those precious little ones and read such heart felt words. So happy for all of you. Try to rest!!!Tell your Mom hi for me and that if she needs a break I will come over and be the fill in Grandmother! :) Love you!

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

Your precious words brought huge tears to my eyes! What a blessing that I know you both have waited SO long for! Your babies are absolutely beautiful! Savor those moments, just as you are doing, they grow way too fast! Praying for rest and recouperation for you both! Love y'all SOOOO much and can't wait to meet Will and Annabelle!!!!!!

Jaime said...

Such sweet pictures of sweet babies! Glad y'all are adjusting and recovering.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Absolutely adorable!

Can't wait to get my hands on them again soon!

Love you guys!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, Laura, I'm all teary-eyed. I'm so overwhelmed with happiness for you and hope for us, all at the same time! Annabelle and Will are precious and absolute treasures and gifts from God. Love their names, too. Will is my brother's name! :)

Take care and thanks for the update and the pics!

Katie said...

So sweet! I'm on Spring Break this week (15th-19th) so please don't hesitate to call if you need help with anything!

Love you all!

Katie

Jenny said...

They are dolls!

Unknown said...

Such a blessing - thanks for posting this!

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

So precious!!! When do you sleep??

Love you!

Sarah

Steph R said...

If parents-to-be are interested in very early prenatal sex determination, a new blood test is available. Now, curious parents can choose a pink or blue nursery very early.
http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/cell-free-fetal-dna-blood-test-predicts-sex-14870.html
God bless those little precious angels of yours!