Sunday, January 28, 2007

In Christ Alone

There is a song we have been singing in church for quite sometime now, and it pulls at my heart strings every time we sing it. I can barely make it through without crying and becoming a puddle on the floor during worship! The words are incredible, 100% Biblically accurate (which may sound funny, but it is amazing how many worship songs aren't, and Adam and I choose to sing the ones that are!) and overall, it is just an amazing, well-written song. If you have a second, take time to read the words...I pray they will remind you of God's goodness, faithfulness, and His grace in giving us Jesus!

In Christ Alone
- - -
In Christ alone, my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm;
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease;
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
- - -
In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
fullness of God in helpless Babe;
This gift of love, and righteousness,
scorned by the ones He came to save;
'Til on that cross, as Jesus died,
the wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live.
- - -
There in the ground His body lay,
light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
up from the grave He rose again;
and as He stands in victory,
sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine,
bought with the precious blood of Christ!
- - -
(I love this next verse)
- - -
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
this is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny;
No power of hell, no scheme of man
can ever pluck me from His hand;
'til He returns or calls me home;
here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

No comments: