is what this puppy has brought into our lives the last two weeks. There have been some scary moments as well, but joy threaded through it all. Lyric is finally in the clear as far as her health goes--we were unsure for a while if she would recover from her bronchitis. 4 vet visits (yeah, 4 visits in a week and a half) and two antibiotics later she is cough-free! Thank you, Lord! We can erase pneumonia as a possibility and no longer listen to her pitiful, painful cough. Poor baby.
We have waited 6 years for this puppy, and she was totally worth the wait. She is everything we wanted...smart, snuggly, sweet, friendly, playful...just a treasure to have in our home. I have always been a dog-lover but had no idea how much I would love having one all to myself! Ahhh, the bliss. Some of my favorite things...
- She follows us around everywhere we go, and loves to lay on our feet when we are working in the kitchen. My heart melts every time she does it.
- Her favorite toy is a little lamb we call Lambie, who she always carries around with her and loves to squeak. Bunny is a close second. Thanks to her puppy grandmas, she has many toys to carry around and squeak.
- She is brilliant. Seriously. She has already learned to sit, lay down, kiss, give a high five, go to her bed, get on the towel (especially nice for rainy days) and is learning to roll over. Oh, and she is potty trained too. YES! I am convinced that by the time she is 12 weeks she will know the entire alphabet and be able to cook as well.
- Her favorite treat (recommended by the breeder) is Honey Nut Cheerios. Mommy and Daddy are very grateful for her cheap (and necessarily so) taste. Way to go, Lyric! You are a ministry pup through and through!
- She has the cutest little puppy face we have ever seen, and she knows how to work those precious green puppy eyes when she has done something wrong.
- She is a snuggler. She especially loves to snuggle after bath time, or before we put her in her kennel for the night. We have a routine...let her out, snuggle, put her to bed. If you know Adam and I well, you know we are snugglers...she fits right in, and we love it.One of her favorite things is to be rocked in our arms like a baby while we rub her little belly.
- She has a special love for her daddy's socks, and frequently sneaks them when I am in the laundry room. Yes, it is naughty, but still pretty stinkin' cute. This is only a real problem when she chomps into the socks while daddy is still wearing them.
- Every morning I let her out and feed her before Adam gets up (he takes the middle of the night shift, so I am happy to wake up before him!!). After she eats she goes and sits outside our bedroom door waiting for him to come out. It is so precious.
- She has the softest fur, and it fluffs up after her bath making her look like a little puff ball. He hair sticks up on her head, and we enjoy laughing at her and her little mohawk. If you saw our Christmas card 2 years ago, then you know like daddy like daughter.
- We (ok, me) already have nicknames for her. Liri, Lili, Lyrical...my favorite is when she is in trouble and I use her entire name in a serious voice, "Lyric Melody Watson!!" Yes, her middle name is Melody. Come on, we couldn't resist!
- She looks like a little wet rat when we bath her. It is hilarious how she puffs right up afterwards.
Snuggle time after her bath
The post-bath mini mohawk :)