Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Day at the Fair!

I had the pleasure of reliving my childhood today. This week is our book fair at school, and for old times' sake, my mom came up and we shopped together! The book fair was one of my favorite things about school when I was little...my mom would come up to school during the day (which in itself was a special treat!) and we would buy new books together. I was a book NUT growing up. The t.v. was rarely on in our house, so my brother and I would often entertain ourselves with a good novel. During the summer we would go to the library every week to listen to the librarian read a book and check out books ourselves. I remember loving the way the library smelled! Whatever happened to those days? I am determined that I will read with my children the way my mom and dad read to us...I've already bought some of my favorite books to put away for our children to use one day. I love the quote that says "You are the same person today that you were yesterday except for the places you go, the people you meet and the books you read."
On top of shopping with me, my mom also brought me my favorite lunch and a venti Starbucks (by the way, the gingerbread latte is officially available, and it is wonderful!). I have to say, in all my years of loving Starbucks, I have never had a venti. Wow, amazing! So much goodness in one cup! My caffeine high is still going strong and I am typing twice as fast as usual, ha!
Mom, thanks for livening up an otherwise ordinary week at school, and blessing me by reliving the past for an afternoon. I love you!

No comments: