Sunday, April 01, 2007

Yeah For My Little Singers!!

This week has been a tough but rewarding one for me. All week long my co-worker and I were gearing up to take 90 (yes, that is 9-0, 90) 3rd, 4th and 5th graders in our school choir to sing at a vocal competition in Brenham, an hour and a half away. They have worked all year for this...we meet twice a week before school (7:15-8:10, before classes start--it makes for long Tuesdays and Thursdays!) to rehearse. They prepared two pieces, both with two parts, and truly sounded incredible. I was praying that they would do just do their best Friday and have a positive experience. Well, after we sang, the monitors brought out the scores and were carrying a trophy. "I don't remember a trophy being a part of this" was what I thought as they walked towards us. Come to find out, not only did my little ones get straight "ones" from the judges(which is the highest rating they can get) but they won "Outstanding Elementary School Choir" (hence the trophy)!!!!! I was so surprised and proud at the same time that tears sprang to my eyes, and the kids just hooped and hollered. It was such a great moment. I am so thankful for their sweet spirits, beautiful voices and hard work. Gosh, I love those kids.

No comments: