Saturday, February 20, 2010

36 Weeks!


We are at 36 weeks this weekend, praise God!  We are so thankful these babies have stayed put for this long.  My next appointment is Monday morning.  The Dr. will scan them, and if their lungs look mature, he will schedule my c-section possibly as early as Tuesday!  We are beyond excited.  The last ultrasound we had was two weeks ago; at that point baby boy was 4 pounds 12 ounces and baby girl was 5 pounds 1 ounce.  I am so thankful for those weights, but I increased my fat intake the last couple of weeks to try to give them more to grow from!  It is hard to eat at this point (the Dr. says my stomach is the size of a grape) so I figure I might as well pack those calories in with each bite.  Sleeping is almost impossible--partly because of my excitement and partly because of discomfort--but I love it.  I just lay awake thinking about holding them, feeding them, singing to them...my guess is I am just getting a glimpse of our new way of life!  Bring on the sleepless nights!

Please continue to pray for the babies' maturity and growth.  How we treasure your prayers!!!!

Last night we set up our camera and took some pics for fun...

 I seriously love this man!

 Adam thinks it is hilarious that he has to lean over to kiss me...

7 comments:

Leigh said...

Laura, you have done a great job carrying those babies to 36 weeks. What a blessing it has been watching them grow. You have just glowed! We are excited for you and Adam and your folks. Can't wait to love on Annabelle and William real soon. Love you!

The Ehrhardts

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Can't believe you are so close to having them! Those babies are so lucky to have such an amazing mom!

Chris and Bethany Smith said...

Laura you look so cute! You are already such an amazing mom taking care of those babes!

Laura SanchezQuan said...

um, you look amaaaazing!

Erica said...

Ohmygoodness...TUESDAY???? I can't wait. :) :) You and Adam are so cute! Can't wait to see these babies!!!

Emmalie said...

You look amazing!! I've missed seeing you around church, but I know you're doing your job by resting. :) Hang in there! Can't wait to meet the newest Watsons....so soon!

Praying for you, Adam, and your precious miracles!!

Katie said...

Every time I think about you two and those precious babies, I praise the Lord for His faithfulness! Continuing to pray for you as your pregnancy journey draws to a close and a new season of parenthood begins!

Love you so much!

Katie